The TradeQuip "Made for the Trade" Mobile Abrasive Blasting Kit is perfect for a wide variety of surface preparation jobs such as removing paint, scale, rust and oxidation. Ideal for surface preparation on cars, trucks, machinery, steel, glass etching and much more. Features a 2.4m heavy-duty blast hose designed for long life and maneuverability. Durable wheels and built-in handle allow for easy transport. Simply add abrasive media and hook up to an air supply and you're ready to blast. Some assembly required. Note: TradeQuip Walnut Shells cannot be used in this mobile blasting unit.
Minimum Free Delivery required to operate this unit (using Medium grit and the Small nozzle) is 400 Litres per minute.
Recommended Compressor Air Supply Delivery is 600 Litres per minute.
- Heavy duty welded steel design
- High volume extra large valve
- Designed for high flow with minimal air input
- Blast gun fitted with safety trigger
- Heavy-wall blast hose
- Safety pressure-relief valve
- Durable wheels
- Safety hood, thread tape and abrasive refill funnel
- Onboard pressure regulator
- 4x ceramic nozzle tips 2.0 2.5 3.0 3.5mm
- Easy to fill screw tank cap
Replacement parts available:
- 3008-1: Ceramic Tip Set to suit Old Style Ball Valve Type Handpiece 2.4 2.6 3.2 3.6mm
- 3008-2: Sand blasting gun
- 3008-3: Replacement Ceramic Tip Set 2.0 2.5 3.0 3.5mm
- 3008-4: Rubber Pad for 3008/2
- 3008-25: Replacement Hose
- Capacity: 37 Litre
- Working Pressure: 60-125psi
- Air Delivery: 400-600 Litres per Minute @ 125psi (dependent on nozzle size)
- Abrasive Use: 27-90kg @ 125psi per hour (dependant on nozzle size)
- Hose Length: 2400mm
- Hose OD: 24mm
- Hose ID: 12mm
- Tank Dimensions: 508(H) x 305(Ø)
- Nett Weight: 19kg
- Carton: 770 x 420 x 370mm
- Weight: 21kg
- Blasting work utilising compressed air with recommended abrasive media and/or glass beads to clean and abrade a surface, typically metal, of any rust, paint or other unwanted surface materials.
Note: TradeQuip Walnut Shells cannot be used in TradeQuip Mobile Blasting Units
NOTE: We recommend the use of personal protective equipment. Always wear a respiratory filter or mask over your mouth when operating this unit. You will create a cloud of abrasive media material and debris which should not be inhaled
Choosing the right abrasive media
Garnet is one of the last few abrasives that are naturally mined. It is an industrial gemstone that creates a profile virtually free of embedment, which makes it excellent for coating adhesion, as well as applications where low or no transfer of grit into the substrate can be tolerated. Garnet is generally used when paint, rust, and scale have to be removed from steel, such as car/truck frames, tanks, heavy machinery, farm equipment, etc. Garnet is one of the most economical abrasive and is the best choice for large blast projects. Best uses: rust removal, heavy scale removal, paint and coatings removal on heavy-gauge steel.
Crushed Glass or Glass Beads would have to be one of the most popular forms of blast media and can be used on a variety of dustless blasting and abrasive blasting projects across all industry sectors. Using crushed glass means you know you are using a eco friendly and recycled product that helps the environment. If you’re looking to achieve a smooth, bright finish, glass beads can be your best option. Glass beads are also recyclable and can be used up to 100 times before replacement, making them an extremely cost-effective option. Glass bead media works well on soft metals like aluminum and brass as well as plastic. Works with a blasting gun or in a blast cabinet.
Steel grit offers a more angular shape and sharper texture. It can be used to remove rust, paint or scale from steel surfaces. Steel Grit works well in many tough applications such as railway maintenance, structural steel and in foundries. Steel Grit Abrasive Media is made up of sharp cutting angular particles that clean by cutting and etching into the surface which usually results in an etched surface with well defined anchor pattern. Steel Grit can also be used in blasting cabinets for surface preparation as its sharp edge will gradually round over as the abrasive is recycled. The durability and resistance to impact fatigue of Steel Grit provides maximum cleaning efficiency at the most economical cost.
Please note: this item may incur additional shipping fee’s when shipped to a residential address. Please refer to our shipping policy for more information.