The Dustite® combines a loose wheel nut Indicator, with a standard dust cap for use on wheels without trims. Like the Checkpoint®, Dustites® indicate loosening of safety critical nuts and includes a wheel overheating function, but offers the additional benefits that come with a wheel nut cap for protecting the nut from weathering, corrosion and general road damage.
The Dustite® wheel nut indicator is a core product from Checkpoint Safety and is in high demand globally to include various specifications of the product for all of Western Europe, North America, Asia, Australasia, Sub Saharan Africa and South America with increasing sales in Eastern Europe and Northern Africa. The Dustite® is offered in a range of sizes to cover a wide scope of applications throughout industrial, agricultural. military and commercial vehicle sectors amongst others.
- Provide a clear visual indication of nut movement, particularly useful and applicable for commercial vehicle wheels
- Provide an indication of wheel overheating which is otherwise difficult to detect, usually as a result of brakes sticking or problems with the bearings, through the use of specific product material melting points (Standard and High Temperature options available)
- Provide a clear visual commitment to roadworthiness and professionalism to other road users, customers, health and safety, road and transportation associations such as DFT, HMRC Customs and Excise, VOSA, HSE, FTA and RHA
- Prolong the service life of studs & nuts, through protection from corrosion, weathering and damage.
The primary benefits of fitting Dustites® are:
- Improved safety of fittings where nuts are a critical structural component, such as on vehicle wheels and industrial/commercial structures
- Facilitates the ease of walk around and visual checks or audits to locate problems with fixtures or fittings where nuts are used as a critical component
- Reduction in maintenance costs resulting from accurate locating of nut loosening or wheel overheating
- Reduction in vehicle downtime
- Improved safety and protection of nuts and bolts from corrosion and damage
- Improved professionalism, roadworthiness and safety related company image or reputation
·We stock various sizes for this product.
- Dustite® is sized by the corresponding measurement (in millimetres) across the flats of the hexagonal nut fitting. Current sizes available* include (in mm):
- 24, 27, 28, 30, 32, 33, 38, 41
- Available stock levels vary for each size and colour in accordance with demand for each size. For further information or questions please contact us.