Using the process of evaporation, this TradeQuip "Made for the Trade" Portable Direct Drive 3-Speed Cooling Unit will cool the air up to 10°C in all large hard-to-cool working areas. The one-piece moulded polyethylene housing will not crack, leak and is rugged enough for any workshop or outdoor environment. The remote control 3-speed fan forces warm air over rigid water soaked evaporative cooling media to reduce ambient temperatures by up to 10°C.
Ideal for cooling high performance vehicles when used with Dynometers.
An evaporative cooler (also known as a desert cooler, swamp cooler or wet air cooler) is a device that cools air through the evaporation of water. These units are well suited for climates where the air is hot and humidity is low. They combine the natural cooling properties of water with a steady breeze to lower indoor temperatures. Evaporative cooling will provide a substantial energy savings over refrigerated air units, while the simplicity of the design results in low maintenance requirements.
With the substantial savings of energy and the constant changes in the air, a portable evaporative cooler is ideally suited for area cooling or spot cooling of large workshops, factories, schools, agricultural sheds, and more.
Water Consumption can increase by 300% due to 'Relative Humidity'
Note: Evaporative Coolers operate by combining a variable airflow and water evaporation. How much water is used (Water Consumption) depends on the 'Relative Humidity' of the day and the fan speed setting to meet the required cooling levels. Relative Humidity (rh) is the ratio of the amount of water (as vapor) actually contained in the air to the maximum amount of water vapor that could be contained at the same temperature (saturation). For example, at 50% rh, the air contains 50% of the maximum (100%) amount of moisture (water vapour) that it could contain at the same temperature. Therefore when the relative humidity level is low all Evaporative Cooling units may consume a more significant amount of water (up to 300% more) than higher relative humidity ratio conditions.
- One-piece moulded polyethylene housing will not crack and is rust and leak proof
- Environmentally-friendly alternative to traditional A/C
- Cools where traditional cooling methods are impractical or cost-prohibitive
- Water level sight tube
- Dual pour in refill water inlet and/or 3/4" hose fitting for automatic tap refill
- Adjustable water flow and drain valve
- Direct drive
- Durable and long lasting
- Nylon castors for easy portability
- Remote control speed adjustment
- Low installation and maintenance costs
- 75% less electricity usage
- Adds moisture to the air, for dry environments
- No ozone damaging refrigerants
- Ready to operate out of the box
- Power Unit: 240V 50Hz 750W
- Max. Air Flow: 23,000m3
- Noise Level: 75dB(A)
- Fan Diameter: 900mm
- Speed Control: 3-speed
- Cooling Area: 200-260m2
- Water Consumption; 20-35 Litres per hour
- Water Tank Capacity: 200 Litres
- Castor Wheels: 150mm Dia (4 with brakes)
- Dimension: 1800(H) x 1600(W) x 780(D)
- Net Weight 128kg
- Carton: 1800 x 1600 x 780mm
- Gross Weight 130kg