With its compact size, this TradeQuip “Made for the Trade” Portable Evaporative Cooling unit is perfectly suited to smaller work areas, yet still delivers an impressive amount of air output. Huge in performance, this easy-to-operate unit produces up to 18,000 cubic metres of airflow per hour. It is fitted with a rugged, weather-resistant one-piece moulded polyethylene housing that will not crack or leak. The remote control 3-speed fan forces warm air over rigid water soaked evaporative cooling media to reduce ambient temperatures by up to 10°C . The adjustable swing louvre feature offers swinging airlflow and can be adjusted to direct the cooled air output to where it is needed.
An evaporative cooler (also known as a desert cooler, swamp cooler or wet air cooler) is a device that cools air through the evaporation of water. These units are well suited for climates where the air is hot and humidity is low. They combine the natural cooling properties of water, with a steady breeze... to lower indoor temperatures. Evaporative cooling will provide a substantial energy savings over refrigerated air units, whilst the simplicity of the design results in low maintenance requirements.
With the substantial savings of energy and the constant changes in the air, a portable evaporative cooler is ideally suited for area cooling or spot cooling of rooms, workshops, factories, laundries, schools, agricultural sheds, and more.
Water Consumption can increase by 300% due to 'Relative Humidity'
Note: Evaporative Coolers operate by combining a variable airflow and water evaporation. How much water is used (Water Consumption) depends on the 'Relative Humidity' of the day and the fan speed setting to meet the required cooling levels. Relative Humidity (rh) is the ratio of the amount of water (as vapor) actually contained in the air to the maximum amount of water vapor that could be contained at the same temperature (saturation). For example, at 50% rh, the air contains 50% of the maximum (100%) amount of moisture (water vapour) that it could contain at the same temperature. Therefore when the relative humidity level is low all Evaporative Cooling units may consume a more significant amount of water (up to 300% more) than higher relative humidity ratio conditions.
- One-piece moulded polyethylene housing will not crack and is rust and leak proof
- Environmentally-friendly alternative to traditional reverse cycle A/C
- Cools without chemicals or refrigerants
- Long-term dependability-near maintenance-free operation
- European design synchronous swing function
- Cools where traditional cooling methods are impractical or cost-prohibitive
- Easy to read water level sight tube gauge
- Dual pour in refill water inlet and/or 3/4" hose fitting for automatic tap refill
- Adjustable water flow and drain valve
- Direct drive
- LCD 24hour timer panel
- Nylon castors for easy portability
- Remote control speed adjustment
- Wheels supplied separately - ready to operate out of the box
- Power Unit: 240V 50Hz 550W
- Max. Air Flow: 18,000 m3 per hour
- Noise Level: 70dB(A)
- Fan Diameter: 750mm (3 Blade)
- Speed Control: 3-speed
- Effective Cooling Area: 100-150m2
- Water Consumption; 12-18 Litres per hour
- Water Tank Capacity: 100 Litres
- Castor Wheels: 100mm Dia (2 with brakes)
- Dimension: 1510(H) x 1120(W) x 680(D)
- Nett Weight 58kg
- Carton: 1510 x 1120 x 680mm
- Gross Weight 68kg