The TradeQuip "Made for the Trade" 3031 sandblast cabinet features dual side doors and a large front door for easy loading and unloading. It has excellent lighting and a very powerful vacuum system. The lower hopper stores the abrasive material for use and reuse and opens easily to allow easy removal of any media.
The cabinet can be constantly connected to your air supply and is ready for immediate use when you step on the pedal. Use this sandblasting cabinet to remove scale or heavy rust from automotive parts, clean up rusty tools, etch glass, or any other special application.
This machine incorporates a powerful vacuum system that keeps the work area free of "floating" rust and used abrasive media particles. After the media particles “slams against” the surface to be cleaned, a portion of the media is "destroyed" and becomes almost weightless. The vacuum system removes the "floating" rust particles and the "used up" media particles whilst the “good beads’ fall back into the hopper below the work surface.
The 3031 uses a foot pedal to control the speed and flow of abrasives from the air gun. The foot pedal allows the operator to just “hold and point” the gun rather than the need to “pull the trigger” of the sandblast gun which can be very cumbersome.
TQB Brands offers a full line of parts and accessories for our sandblast cabinets. We supply replacement gloves, peel-off lenses, blast guns and replacement nozzles along with many other sandblasting cabinet parts.
- Heavy duty pistol grip blasting gun
- Air regulator and gauge panel
- 240V Vacuum dust extraction system (Single Phase)
- Quality powder coating inside and out
- Side load and top load doors
- Heavy duty 14 gauge steel legs and 16gauge panels
- Abrasive large particle separating screen and clean-out hatch
- Hands free foot operated pressure control valve
- Replaceable natural rubber/vinyl blasting gloves
- Internal twin fluorescent lighting system (2 x 18w)
- Spare parts available in Australia
- Cabinet Capacity: 420 Litre
- Ceramic Nozzle Tip Sizes: 6 and 7mm (2 of each)
- Maximum Media Capacity: 70kg
- Operating Air Pressure: 60 - 110psi
- Compressor Air Supply Requirement: 15-25CFM @ 80 psi (optimum delivery dependent on tip size)
- Internal Working Cabinet: 1200(W) x 600(H) x 570(D)mm
- Tempered Glass View Window: 570 x 270mm
- Overall Dimensions: 1700(H) x 1300(W) x 900(D)mm
- Weight: 157kg
- Carton: 1280 x 1250 x 760mm
- Not for use with soda or walnut shell
Choosing the right abrasive media
Garnet is one of the last few abrasives that are naturally mined. It is an industrial gemstone that creates a profile virtually free of embedment, which makes it excellent for coating adhesion, as well as applications where low or no transfer of grit into the substrate can be tolerated. Garnet is generally used when paint, rust, and scale have to be removed from steel, such as car/truck frames, tanks, heavy machinery, farm equipment, etc. Garnet is one of the most economical abrasive and is the best choice for large blast projects. Best uses: rust removal, heavy scale removal, paint and coatings removal on heavy-gauge steel.
Crushed Glass or Glass Beads would have to be one of the most popular forms of blast media and can be used on a variety of dustless blasting and abrasive blasting projects across all industry sectors. Using crushed glass means you know you are using a eco friendly and recycled product that helps the environment. If you’re looking to achieve a smooth, bright finish, glass beads can be your best option. Glass beads are also recyclable and can be used up to 100 times before replacement, making them an extremely cost-effective option. Glass bead media works well on soft metals like aluminum and brass as well as plastic. Works with a blasting gun or in a blast cabinet.